Based on the many activities and experiments regarding Flood Defence, numerous reports have been published.
Among the activities concerning Flood Defences, were experiments with water overflow, wave overtopping and wave impact. Also a T0 baseline survey to determine the state of the levee has been done. These experiments resulted in several reports, which can be found below.
Site Survey Overview
What: Report on baseline site survey and all consecutive surveys of the experiment site.
- Report Site Survey Overview
- Supporting Survey Reports, concerning surveys such as drone surveys, ERT measurements, Drilling lab tests.
- Paper: Geophysical and uav-based observations over a flood defense structure : application to the polder2c’s experimental dike.
Pilot testing water overflow
What: Several reports on pilot testing of water overflow on Belgian and Dutch levees. The last report also includes insights from the wave overtopping tests that were part of the Polder2C's project.
- Video: vlog Water Overflow Test explained by Patrik Peeters, Flanders Hydraulics
- Overflow tests on Belgian Levees
- Overflow tests on Belgian Levees - annexes
- Overflow tests on Dutch Levees
- Overflow tests on Dutch Levees - annexes
- Paper: Overflow Tests on Grass-Covered Embankments at the Living Lab Hedwige-Prosperpolder: An Overview
- Insights from Steady overflow and Wave overtopping tests
What: A report on the influence of tidal marsh on levee strength
What: Reports on validated models on overflow and overtopping modelling.
Blind Model Predictions
What: Report on blind predictions of water depth and flow velocity on the slope of a levee during an overflow event, before the test is conducted, using a range of different state-of-the-art numerical models. The second report, Test program winter 2020-2021 and winter 2021-2022 outlines the test plans for the large scale tests carried out in the Living Lab Hedwige-Prosperpolder. These tests include continuous water overflow tests, wave overtopping tests and wave impact tests.
Wave overtopping and Wave impact
What: Reports on Wave overtopping tests, Grass Sod Pulling Tests and the Wave Impact tests. (Reports are in Dutch)
- Video: vlog Wave Impact Test explained by Patrik Peeters, Flanders Hydraulics
- Factual Report on Wave Impact Tests (in Dutch)
- Factual Report on Wave Overtopping and Grass Sod Pulling Tests (in Dutch)
Using BIM as a Levee Manager
What: a framework for BIM Use in Levee Management
Animal Burrowing in Levees
What: Reports on animal burrowing in levees - Field research on burrowing and how to manage animal activities in levees.
Grass Sod Pull Test
What: explainer video about the Grass Pulling Device to test the strength of the grass cover of a levee.
- Video: vlog Grass Sod Pull Test explained by Patrik Peeters, Flanders Hydraulics
What: Action plan on international prolonged collaboration on assessing designing and maintaining flood defences.
What: Report on design and application overflow generator.
Validated innovative solutions
What: Report on innovative solutions, tools and services in Flood Defence.