Winter School 20-21 has started today!
- 01 March 2021
- Francien Horrevorts
- Knowledge Infrastructure
The very first Winter School has started today! It is a unique and interesting event for Msc and PhD students in fields related to Flood Protection. We are proud that despite the Covid-19 restrictions the Winter School is still taking place, combining online classes with days of fieldwork.
The Winter School
Sponsored by the Polder2C’s consortium, this Winter School aspires to contribute to the mission of developing a solid knowledge infrastructure in the field of climate change adaptation. The event will provide a podium for exchange, transfer and development of ideas and knowledge, giving the students the opportunity to be immersed in the planned activities of the Living Lab Hedwige-Prosperpolder. Following a balanced schedule of theory and practice, they will be invited to contemplate the challenges of flood resilience capacity building, think together with the Polder2C’s partners, and come up with practical solutions that contribute to the cause.
"The Winter School provides a unique environment where students can learn by doing and explore how their knowledge and skills complement the knowledge and skills of others."Vana Tsimopoulou, HZ University of Applied Sciences
Speakers and instructors
Talks, workshops and field activities will be mostly facilitated by professionals and academics that are affiliated with organisations in the Polder2C’s consortium. Confirmed contributors are:
- Juan Pablo Aguilar-López, Assistant Professor of Structural Flood Resilience, Delft University of Technology, NL
- Mario van den Berg, PhD Researcher, Delft University of Technology, NL
- Marian Booltink, Crisis Coordinator, Regional Water Authority De Stichtse Rijnlanden, NL
- Davy Depreiter, Researcher, Department of Mobility and Public Works, BE
- Phil Foxley, Senior Advisor Asset Standards & Engineering, Environment Agency, UK
- Mark Fuller, Flood Risk Adviser, Environment Agency, UK
- Anco van den Heuvel, Calamity Team Flood Defences, Rijkswaterstaat, NL
- André Koelewijn, R&D Specialist, Deltares, NL
- Wietse van de Lageweg, Coordinator of Building with Nature Group, HZ University of Applied Sciences, NL
- Robert Lanzafame, Lecturer of Flood Defences & Probabilistic Design, Delft University of Technology, NL
- Faye Lynch, Project Manager, Environment Agency, UK
- Nicolas Nerincx, Project Manager, DN&T
- Mark Postma, Adviser of Water Safety, Rijkswaterstaat, NL
- Marte Stoorvogel, PhD Candidate, NIOZ Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research, NL
- Teun Terpstra, Professor of Resilient Deltas, HZ University of Applied Sciences, NL
- Vana Tsimopoulou, Research Project Leader Building with Nature Group, HZ University of Applied Sciences, NL
- Bart Vonk, Senior Advisor of Water Safety, Rijkswaterstaat, NL
- Ludolph Wentholt, Polder2C’s project coordinator, Foundation for Applied Water Research STOWA, NL
- Wouter Zomer, Director, BZ Ingenieurs & Managers, NL
Want to learn more?
Keep an eye on our LinkedIn account, where we regulalry share some updates about our activities.
Photos: HZ University Of Applied Sciences Audiovisual Team